|Entity:||European Investment Bank|
|Deadline:||Monday 2nd November 2020|
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its its Corporate Services (CS) – Resource Management & Coordination (RM&C) – Secretariat Social Bodies Unit (SSB) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a 3 Senior/ Principal Operational Assistants. This is a full time temporary position at grade 2/3.
The term of this contract will be 1 year; as this is a temporary replacement assignment, no extension or conversion of the contract is foreseen.
Panel interviews are anticipated for end of November/beginning of December.
As a Senior/Principal Operational Assistant, you will provide a wide range of day-to-day operational and administrative assistance to the College of Staff Representatives (RP/SRs), the EIB Joint Committees (COPEC (Comité Paritaire pour l’Égalité des Chances), Catering, Crèche, Health & Safety, Pensions, and/or Health Insurance Scheme), the AABEI (“Association des Anciens”) and/or the Cercle (the umbrella organisation for the cultural, sporting and leisure activity clubs of the Bank) to contribute to the efficiency and optimal functioning of the Secretariat Social Bodies Unit.
You will report directly to the Head of Secretariat Social Bodies Unit.
You will collaborate closely with your team, Staff Representatives, Joint Committees members, AABEI and/or Cercle and whenever required Personnel, Internal Communications, Facilities Management and active/retired EIB staff. You will have external contacts with other institutions and consultants.
Discretion is essential as you will handle and process information of diverse and confidential nature.
- Organise meetings and whenever required working groups, including preparation of the agenda and all related documentation such as writing up meeting minutes;
- Distribute, follow-up and whenever relevant finalise minutes, notes, opinions, reports, action logs and presentations in the timeliest manner possible whilst ensuring high quality and consistency. When required address pending/open points with the relevant owners;
- Plan, coordinate and organise events, including preparation of invitations, handling the logistics, drafting and publishing communications;
- Prepare and keep an up-to-date road map for the preparation and revision of notes/opinions incorporating all deadlines required to facilitate the submission of notes;
- Develop and maintain proper records/documentation, respecting data protection requirements and the EIB’s information classification policy, including creating and keeping up–to-date all electronic archives to ensure ease of access and retrieval;
- Interact with active/retired EIB staff, process requests and channel them to the appropriate contact: Staff Representatives/Joint Committee members/AABEI/Cercle representatives, whenever required;
- Develop, implement and maintain up-to-date processes and procedures and initiate improvements and participate in the optimisation of working methods;
- Gather information and research matters of interest for the Staff Representatives/Joint Committee members/AABEI/Cercle representatives, including whenever relevant contact with external counterparts and devise comprehensive spreadsheets or presentations;
- Follow-up on budgetary matters and prepare all relevant procurement documentation and submit for approval; whenever required;
- Follow-up on the Cercle and AABEI memberships, if required;
- Provide back up to colleagues in the Unit.
- Secondary level education, complemented with a 2-year certification in a relevant field (economics, accounting, legal, business administration) or secondary level education with equally qualified experience in a relevant field;
- At least 5 years of experience in a secretarial or operational position in a relevant field, with at least 1 year in an operational position;
- Excellent knowledge of the standard IT office tools, including intranet uploads and communications;
- Demonstrated communication and writing skills;
- Discretion is essential as you will handle and process information of diverse and confidential nature;
- Excellent knowledge of English, good command of French would be a strong advantage. Knowledge of another EU language(s) would be an advantage.
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 2nd November 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from men and persons with disabilities.